Friday, November 6, 2009

Online Gaming...At What PRICE?


I am just a bit bent on this new practice of Gaming companies charging a fee to play online! I guess that Xbox has charged various fees for their Xbox live feature which allows users to play online for as long as I can remember, so this is not my biggest problem because I'm also new to Xbox.

My problem is with the PlayStation network or (PSN) who are already "Cleaning Up" making Millions with all of the add on content to many different games which has to be purchased in the PlayStation store.This issue alone is fine I guess to a certain degree, but to expect users who purchase games to pay extra to play online where in the past the online features of those games were free is ABSURD!

Those of us who play Madden found out in this years version that in order to get the free code to play the "New" and "Highly Pimped" online franchise mode you had to buy the game new at around $65 ,so if you rented Madden 10 or bought it used you are out of luck....

But WAIT!!

Your in LUCK!...or they are. You can also purchase the online franchise feature in the PlayStation store for $10, so couple that with the add on content that pops up almost every day and Sony/ PlayStation is "Triple Dipping" and making millions. With the release of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 just days away (11/10/09) I have heard rumors of having to pay to play online for this game also, but I must say that when I spoke with one Game Stop employee about this he said that he had not heard anything about this...so I hope it's not true!
We will have to keep our eyes on this and see if this pattern continues.
Your thoughts on this topic....




No comments:

Post a Comment